As the leading destination for short-form mobile video, TikTok’s mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
Tiktok is seeking a tax business partner with a strong background in managing Korea direct and indirect tax compliance. The focus of this role will nevertheless be on tax compliance for Korea.
– Responsible for completion and submission of accurate tax returns and coordinates tax examinations, including direct and indirect taxes to ensure local tax compliances;
– Provide necessary support to accounting teams regarding tax entries and reconciliation of tax related general ledger accounts;
– Respond to internal and external tax inquires, and assist business partners with tax issues timely;
– Monitor and analyze proposed and newly enacted tax legislation, regulations and judicial decisions that impact the companies operations and financial positions;
– Provide support for ad hoc tax matters, i.e. tax and business projects.
– Fluency in both Korean and English (resumes must be submitted in English);
– Basic understanding of US GAAP tax accounting theory and working knowledge, proficient Korean GAAP tax accounting principal and working experience;
– 5+ years of related experience in a large MNC and/or a CPA firm with a bachelor degree in finance, accounting or taxation;TMT industry working experience is a plus;
– Solid local tax knowledge and analytical skills;
– Effective oral and written communication skills;
– Strong problem-solving and time management skills;
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
– Knowledge of the Chinese language is an advantage.