Selina is a lifestyle, travel, and hospitality platform featuring beautiful places to stay, travel, and work abroad indefinitely.
Who we are
Our Mission is to inspire authentic and meaningful connections. Selina was born out of a desire to celebrate the nomadic lifestyle: to experience our planet’s most beautiful places, to build community, to engage with locals and fellow travelers, to work and enjoy new adventures.
What the role is
External Reporting and Technical Accounting Senior responsible for all aspects of SEC reporting including 20-F/6-K and filings and overseeing technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards. This role will also assist to guide on technical accounting issues from the business and support special accounting projects.
What you will be doing
- Assist with the Company’s external financial reporting process, including SEC reporting (20-F, 6-K) and compilation of financial statements, management’s discussion and analysis, and footnote disclosures.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments including FP&A, Tax, Legal and Treasury, to facilitate timely reviews, collect feedback and resolve issues effectively.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on IFRS and SEC reporting requirements, with the ability to research and analyze new and proposed accounting guidance.
- Implement process improvements to streamline the financial reporting process and improve information quality.
- Analyze competitor filings and industry reports to assess trends in financial statement disclosures.
- Monitor and revise policies and procedures as needed to ensure the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over external financial reporting.
- Assisting with certain technical accounting matters, including carrying out research and documentation for a variety of complex and non-standard transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, debt offerings, new product initiatives etc., adoption of new standards, as well as general corporate accounting matters.
- Prepare presentations for the Audit Committee and senior management on various financial topics.
- Support the annual audit and quarterly review activities with external auditors.
What you need for the role
- Requires strong communications skills, as well as strong organizational, time and project management skills.
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA or equivalent qualification required.
- At least 4-6 years of experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm, including audits of public company financial statements.
- Excellent understanding of IFRS accounting principles with a strong knowledge of SEC reporting regulations.
- Ability to independently research accounting and reporting issues, propose solutions, and effectively document conclusions with excellent written communication skills.
- Technically proficient with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet critical deadlines by managing multiple deliverables concurrently.
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional attention to detail, and a willingness to support a lean team on a variety of high priority tasks.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Oracle Net Suite experience is a plus
Things That Make a Difference: Prior hospitality and leisure industry experience. Prior high-growth startup experience. Fluency in English and Spanish
What can you expect
- No dress code
- Pet-friendly (as long as your pet is friendly)
- Multiple online training opportunities
- Cultural events and wellness activities at Locations. Volunteering with Selina Gives Back; because sharing is caring
- Huge Selina experience discounts on your stay, food & fun for you AND your friends & family (you can expect to become even more popular among your friends)
- Extra country-specific benefits; we can tell you more during the application process