UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
A career at UnitedHealth Group means adding value to the health care system. Are you ready for that next career move in Revenue Cycle Management (Billing and Receivables) – to be a leader of a larger team? Perhaps now is the time for you to move into a director role – the time to merge your experience, your passion for helping others and your own career advancement. If this sounds like you, this may be the opportunity for you. As a leader, your work will not only impact the bottom line, but it will also make a difference in the lives of our customers, greatly reducing their financial burden. This is no small opportunity. This is your life’s best work.sm
As the Director of Billing and Receivables, you will be responsible for managing Revenue Cycle Management team functions that include billing, posting, collections, reporting, developing processes, and training as systems are enhanced. The Director of Billing and Receivables will also be responsible for the direction of the team to include overall operations and outcomes, process improvement, organizational issues and strategic plans and projects. This role highly focuses on Billing and Receivables. You will collaborate, coach and mentor your team to ensure that they provide the support and direction necessary to achieve the financial and quality goals of the division.
- Collaborate with senior management daily/weekly to ensure department practices are aligned with company culture, goals and growth
- Provide guidance on best practices for all Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) aspects to include ongoing development and enhancements of the eCW practice management system
- Ensure consistent environment for claims submission
- Compile, Manage, and Evaluate data related to the RCM processes. Report trends to Senior Management
- Include managing one or more of the following teams: Billing, Posting, and/or Collections
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Revenue Cycle Management experience in a Healthcare environment
- 2+ years of Healthcare leadership experience in an Associate Director, Director, or similar capacity
- Advanced level of proficiency with Excel
- This role is performed onsite in an office environment – San Antonio, TX
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification
- 2+ years of direct medical record review experience
- Experience working with Practice Management Systems, preferably eClinical Works (eCW)
- Experience working with provider offices (clinician and non-clinicians)
- Experience using Microsoft Visio, SharePoint, SQL, and Access databases
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We’re impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We’ve joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.