At Walmart, we save people money so they can live better.
What you’ll do…
R-1063158 Senior Manager II – Finance (Retail Merchandising Strategy and Analysis)
The Senior Manager II – Finance (Retail Merchandising Strategy and Analysis) is a critical role combining digital data literacy with trend analysis, budgeting, process controls, expense targeting and forecasting to optimize business performance across multiple core groups surrounding retail merchandising. The Retail Merchandising Strategy Group works to analyze and provide process improvements for multiple business units within the company’s retail sphere.
Position Summary… What You’ll Do…
- Guides the financial planning process by preparing financial analysis and modeling and planning business performance in partnership across multiple areas including Merchandising, Operations, eCommerce and Supply Chain
- Offers decision support by analyzing opportunities and assisting with business solutions
- Supports ad-hoc projects as requested by the business that include analyzing the financial impact of technologies, systems, and processes and providing new insights to senior management
- Shares insight on relevant historical trends, expected future events; and retail, competitor, and supplier trends
- Collaborates with senior management to plan and analyze business performance by identifying gaps between business goals and corporate objectives
- Gives feedback to management regarding risks associated with financial projects
- Manages control structures to mitigate risk of financial misstatement by guiding the development of new processes and ensuring proper controls for existing financial functions
- Develops and communicates business plans and priorities; identifying and removing barriers that impact performance
- Promotes and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, mission, values, and ethics standards through training and execution
- Supports and participates in community outreach events
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are a strategic thinker: you can think associatively and understand relationships in complex systems.
- You have a track record of innovation by providing inventive and sustainable solutions.
- You showcase an ability to operate comfortably with ambiguity and lead the business through multiple complex initiatives simultaneously.
- You have shown an ability to build relationships and influence without authority.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate and communicate at the necessary level of detail depending on the audience, including senior executives.
- You are structured in your thought process and can break down large problems into smaller, simpler problems.
- You are someone who can execute, with strong organization skills; someone who gets things done.
- You have strong analytical skills to interpret insights coming from various sources and have a mindset for continuous learning and improvement.
- You are stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Executing Data-driven, Fact-based Strategic and Analytical Projects – Identify, scope, pitch, execute, deliver, and celebrate solving meaningful business problems
- Strengthening the Strategy – Equip yourself with business and industry knowledge and insights, then translate them to help build a better strategy
- Building Cross-functional Relationships – Build and manage relationships with key partners to accelerate business improvements
- Organizing the Team – Use your organizational skills to help the team rally around ideas and execute against complex initiatives more efficiently
- Seeking Opportunities – Proactively seek out opportunities to propel the business forward and prepare for the next generation of customer services and experiences
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. Butyou’llquickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us andyou’lldiscover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one,you’llbe empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Primary Location…701 S. WALTON BLVD., BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-6209, United States of America
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area.
1 year’s experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Analyzing data and interpreting results, Microsoft Office, Working in a large, complex, matrixed organization
Masters: Business Administration
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America