wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Audit Manager to join the Independent Testing and Validation (IT&V) Internal Audit team within the Corporate Risk and Capital Management Audit team. This role will lead audit coverage for areas that include the Independent Testing and Validation function within the second line of defense (Independent Risk Management). Additionally, this role may assist with leading audit coverage for Strategic Risk, Reputation Risk, and Enterprise Risk Programs. This role will play an active role in leading audit coverage for the firm’s risk management transformation as well as coordinating audit coverage throughout the department. Candidates are expected to be able to work in a fast paced environment and have a commitment to high quality, timely results.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex audit projects with the support of audit staff
- Lead complex and unique challenges requiring in depth evaluation across multiple areas or the enterprise, delivering solutions that are long term
- Manage defined audits within one or more segments of the Audit Plan
- Ensure audit engagements are risk based, and executed according to Wells Fargo Internal Audit policies and guidance
- Assist in planning and organizing work in an annual cycle and project cycle
- Supervise and oversee assigned audits
- Provide timely feedback, coaching and monitoring of audit work and staff
- Develop and maintain solid business relationships within Wells Fargo Audit Services and with teams across Wells Fargo, and other stakeholders
Required Qualifications, US:
- 7+ years of Audit experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Strong understanding of financial regulatory environment
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Experience leading and providing feedback to staff on audit projects or engagements
- Experience with Issue Validation and Remediation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior experience in risk transformation and/or enterprise risk management
- Exposure or experience to multiple risk disciplines.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.