Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services now widely known as cloud computing based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform. On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Finance seeks a Finance Manager to support AWS Database Services. This position will work closely with key business partners across AWS and other Amazon organizations to drive thoughtful planning, analysis, decision support, and controllership for future investment.
• Build out and enhance P&L models for new and existing services, develop business insights and KPI dashboards, and lead ad hoc analyses.
• Create, maintain and improve profitability and management reporting.
• Drive the financial planning / budgeting process.
• Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change.
• Build and enhance financial models used to forecast and report the company’s revenue and other key business metrics.
• Compile and review financial results and operational plans and communicate results to company leaders.
• Lead key analytical projects that assist and influence the business.
• 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MBA preferred.
• Required proficiency in Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups) and SQL
• Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment.
• Strong financial modeling.
• Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
• Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation