Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
Why finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation?Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named one of the Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs including training, certifications, mentorship, leadership programs, tuition reimbursement, one-on-one coaching and more!
The Senior Accounting Analyst is responsible for performing complex accounting tasks, including journal entries and account reconciliation approvals, and other accounting-related activities under CRFC scope.
Who we Want:
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Goal-oriented: Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
What you will do:
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for General accounting related process
- Performs complex accounting activities within Month-end closing, journal entries, fixed assets processes, cash, financial reporting, account reconciliations, and other related processes.
- Review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations as assigned.
- Performs and reviews Financial Statement analysis
- Training new/ or existing team members as requested
- Support on coordination for closing and other key deliverables assigned by Supervisor or Lead analyst.
- Support on coordination of migration of R2R processes from countries in scope.
- Responsible to execute assigned SOX controls and other activities related to internal and external audit requirements.
- Work closely with markets and local accounting teams to resolve discrepancies, issues, and queries in a timely manner by escalating to Supervisor as required.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and internal controls to guarantee timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Focus on continuous improvement, identifying opportunities to increase efficiency.
- Create and maintain documentation of processes and procedures.
- Supports ad-hoc tasks and requests as needed.
What you need:
Education & special training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel (Intermediate level: PivotTables, VLOOKUP, macros, charts, formulas, etc.)
- English level B2
- SAP systems knowledge is a plus
Qualifications & experience:
- 3+ years of relevant working experience preferably from a Finance background in General Accounting activities: Journal entries processing, Account Reconciliation, Financial Reporting and Analysis, fixed assets, etc.
- Experience in working in a shared service center across a global /large organization/ matrixed international company (preferably an American or Multinational company) will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and SOX is a plus
- Strong skills to review and approve journal entries and reconciliations are critical
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers, and cross-functionally within the company
- Ability to work independently and multi-tasking
- Flexible, proactive Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills
- Detail-oriented, versatile, highly motivated, deadline-driven, and ability to communicate effectively
- Flexibility in scheduling due to business requirements (i.e., month-end close)
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com