Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
How often have you had an opportunity to be an early member of a team that is tasked with disrupting a trillion dollar industry?
Who we are:
Grocery Finance is dedicated to driving sustainable, profitable growth and the long-term strategy and future of grocery, omni-channel and new physical store formats across Amazon.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for individuals that enjoy a challenge and have a desire for professional growth opportunities and continuous learning. Experience in this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon and within the broader Physical Stores Finance organization. Individuals in this role have advancement opportunities to support different businesses and multifunctional teams and to lead new programs and initiatives.
This role partners regularly with a broad range of finance and business leaders across the Physical Stores, Grocery and WW Operations organization.
Success in this role:
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical in this role. The successful candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: they are a self-starter, they collaborate and influence business partners, support thoughtful decision-making in a rapidly-evolving and ambiguous environment and think long-term.
– Drive long term strategic thinking in partnership with Supply Chain, Product and Tech leaders
– Identify opportunities to disrupt grocery supply chain by building cross functional business models to improve topline and drive down costs
– Drive Long term free cashflow workstreams to help optimize investment framework decisions
– Lead industry benchmark analysis including defining competitive advantage, opportunities to double down on in areas of cost, productivity and quality
– Work with a variety of data sources to shape strategy for the Grocery Innovation team
– Perform analysis including NPVs/IRR’s to justify investment to senior business leaders
– Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence
- 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 8+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
– Minimum 8+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Cognos)
– MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)