The Home Depot
The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement retailer.
The Home Depot is able to offer virtual employment of this position in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
The Senior Financial Analyst , Consolidations is a critical role within The Home Depot’s (the “Company’s”) Corporate Controller Team (“CCT”). This position has primary responsibility for ensuring accurate reporting across all of the Company’s legal entities, including financial statements at the end of each reporting period. This position will assist in formulating governance, policies and leading practice over the legal entity reporting function.
The role will own controllership of the following areas: legal entity financial reporting, including eliminations; compliance with accounting policies and related SOX controls; statutory financial statement preparation and audit coordination; and leadership for understanding and reviews of key legal entity accounting areas, including intercompany-related transactions, balance sheet and income statement variances, other comprehensive income, and the foreign exchange process, among others.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Consolidations will provide support to our accounting and finance partners in both generating meaningful financial data and the analysis of this data. Additionally, the role will work with cross functional teams to lead various initiatives to optimize reporting processes and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting. This position will further assist in leading the Consolidations team to automate and improve operational processes while creating innovative solutions to drive efficiency in month end close, legal entity financial statement preparation and analysis, intercompany reporting, and other accounting areas. This role will also support several strategic initiatives as the Company transforms the finance organization and moves to new digital platforms.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Analyzes detailed income statements and balance sheets, legal entity reporting and other accounting statements and reports.
- Leads and/or participates in multiple initiatives to re-align, modernize and automate the Company’s reporting as part of a cross-functional team with partners both within and outside of the CCT.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Applies Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
- Assures that all assigned projects adhere to accepted professional standards.
- Recommends changes in accounting methods or procedures.
- Manages projects from beginning to end.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to a Manager, Consolidations
Accountable for indirect supervision of the work of others
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4+ years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; on rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or related discipline
- Three to five years of experience working with accounting and reporting of legal entities, process improvements, collaborating with cross functional teams, and evaluating processes
- Experience in a complex legal entity environment in a global organization
- Previous experience in an SAP environment
- Certified Public Accountant
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Financial analysis and data gathering using tools and technologies
- Supervisory experience of people and/or projects/process initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to leverage analysis tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, Blackline and related technology tools
- Able to multi-task and balance multiple high priority tasks