Visa’s vision is to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere.
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
We are recruiting a Financial Analyst, to support the revenue operations function. You will collaborate on a team of analysts to analyze pricing contracts and create or update pricing plans of Visa’s products and services in the billing system, create invoice account or customer setups (including invoice presentment and settlement instructions), assist in billing inquiries, resolve billing disputes, prepare reports and analyses, and participate in process improvements and system enhancement activities. This position requires the ability to learn quickly, work independently, and tackle problems expertly in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial but collaborative environment. You are required to work effectively with both external clients and internal partners and must understand revenue recognition policies, practices, and systems. This position will also receive, process, and respond to requests from customers, all of which will require the ability to learn and navigate through multiple systems and the ability to learn and follow published policies.
- Ensure billing is in accordance with contractual pricing
- You will utilize appropriate methods to account for revenue
- Adapt processes and practices to promote efficiency and to support business objectives
- You will prepare journal entries accounting for revenue, accruals, journal entries, etc.
- Reconcile client invoicing or billing
- You will be assigned special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Assist with other aspects of the revenue process: pricing plan setups, invoicing, resolving customer disputes, etc.
- You will find root causes of billing adjustments and implement processes to eliminate such adjustments
- Collaborate with internal partners: product developers, sales, and other internal functions
- Develop expertise in all aspects of the billing and accounting processes: systems, internal controls, policies and procedures, etc.
- You will investigate and resolve billing and financial issues
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 years of relevant revenue operations and system experience
- Critical thinking skills are required, as some of the tasks require applying policy guidelines and extending to new business processes or system requirements
- Requires sound working knowledge of revenue operations and systems. Utilize technology to solve problems. Experience with Oracle or similar ERP system is a plus
- Creative problem-solving skills: collaboratively contribute new ideas and solutions to address business challenges
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Analyze large amounts of data and present conclusions and observations to management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and project-management skills: plan, organize, and adapt within a multi-tasking environment
- Meet deadlines within a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Working knowledge of Tableau, Microsoft Access or similar business reporting tools
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- SQL and other database experience is a plus
- Payment-industry experience is a plus
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.