goldmansachs Goldman Sachs
Like most financial institutions, Goldman Sachs specializes in several key areas, including mergers and acquisitions, investment research, securities and risk management, and technological innovation.
The Risk Division is a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s credit, market, liquidity, and operational risk. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Credit Risk (CR) is responsible for managing the firm’s credit exposure to its trading and lending counterparties. Leveraging its extensive expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis, CR ensures that credit exposure to our counterparts is managed within the firm’s risk appetite. Staffed with more than 300 professionals, CR operates through 11 different offices around the world and credit professionals work closely with many areas of the firm. Given this structure, CR professionals gain diverse financial experience and a broad perspective on how the entire firm functions. The interaction with numerous departments and the range of projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
- Assess the credit and financial strength of counterparts by performing fundamental credit analysis of both quantitative and qualitative credit factors on Structured Finance and Commercial real Estate financings
- Perform counterparty reviews, including recommending appropriate internal risk rating for each counterparty and regulatory risk ratings, where applicable
- Proactively monitor and assess counterparts and industry subsectors and report relevant information and its impact to senior management in a timely manner
- Develop a thorough understanding of counterparty financial disclosures and transaction memoranda
- Identify and escalate notable industry and performance trends and recommend appropriate action to senior team members
- Monitor the performance of counterparties in the portfolio, including adherence to covenants and analyzing the counterparties’ performance relative to budget and/or underwriting expectations
- Determine macro factors impacting fundamental credit quality at both industry and sub-sector levels
- Prepare and submit in depth analysis supporting the counterparties’ ratings for Federal regulatory examinations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience in credit analysis
- Functional background or relevant experience in finance and accounting
- Experience in credit analysis, ratings analysis, corporate finance and/or research desired
- Highly motivated with strong academic background
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Team player with an ability to work effectively with colleagues in other regional offices
- Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Industry knowledge of Structure Finance and/or Commercial Real Estate Financing
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity