NG_Careers Northrop Grumman
A leading global security company, Northrop Grumman provides innovative products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber security, and complex logistics to government and commercial clients.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Financial Analyst (Level 2) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Clearfield, UT and allows for occasional telecommute schedules.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and communicate recommendations to management in a clear, organized summary.
- Analyze production costs weekly and provide direction to management to balance risk and cost targets.
- Provide monthly / quarterly reporting and analysis to support business processes.
- Use financial reporting and provide analysis of key metrics to direct management toward areas of improvement or to surface operational issues.
- Support proposal and pricing efforts for both new business and changes to existing customer contracts.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and process efficiencies.
- Perform special projects related to financial and budget analysis.
- Working knowledge and application of accounting principles, scheduling, proposal process, government financial reporting with general knowledge of government contracts, procurement regulations and Earned Value Management
- Independent self-starter and proactive contributor. Seeks to continually improve business processes and add value.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Coordinate quarterly EAC (Estimate at Complete) process
We offer flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly inclusive environment! We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees! Does this sound like what you’re looking for?
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation– building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career.
We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
- Master’s degree with 1 year experience or Bachelors degree with 3 years’ experience in the following areas: Finance, business administration, accounting, budget analysis and/or industry related fields.
- MS Excel (Pivot tables/VLOOKUP), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple assignments in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance
- Experience with Deltek – Costpoint and/or Cobra
- Experience with budget development, variance analysis, estimates to complete, cost performance reports, and cost schedule status reports in an integrated product team environment is preferred.
- Current, active DOD Secret Clearance
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
Salary Range: $58,800 USD – $88,200 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.