First Republic Bank
First Republic was founded on the belief that a truly differentiated culture is devoted to exceptional client service in the banking industry.
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals within First Republic Investment Management (FRIM), First Republic Securities Company (FRSC), First Republic Trust Company (FRTC), and Foreign Exchange. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
As the Trade Operations Senior Associate, you will have the opportunity to support all functions related to trade operations and settlements, including trade break resolution for First Republic Securities and First Republic Investment Management. You will also be the liaison between PWM’s Centralized Trading Team and the middle and back office support groups in San Francisco, New York and other principal locations.
What you’ll do as a Senior Associate, Trade Operations:
– Help the trade operations team monitor and resolve all trade breaks.
– Liaise with brokers and custodians to allocate trades, resolve trade discrepancies and ensure timely trade settlement.
– Oversee additional special projects as needed.
– Ensure compliance with both internal and regulatory policy and procedures.
You could be a great fit if you have:
– A bachelor’s degree with a business concentration
– One to three years of financial services experiences at a brokerage firm or with a registered investment advisor/manager, with a background in trade cycles, comparisons and breaks, and settlements
– Series 7 license a plus
– A client service focus, with a history of providing extraordinary service
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong organizational skills, with an attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
– Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to handle challenges with minimal guidance
– A dedication to excellence, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude
– Proficiency in Microsoft programs, specifically Excel and Word, and experience with Advent products preferable
– Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
– Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability – that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.