Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
Meta is seeking to fill the role of Revenue Accounting Manager supporting the Reality Labs (RL) business. Our RL business includes hardware (Oculus and Portal products) and software products. The team’s focus is connecting people through the Portal products and expand the ever changing virtual and augment reality platforms and provide an immersive experience to the end user. The successful candidate will be responsible for RL hardware revenue accounting including contract review, new business initiatives, and process improvements, in addition to adhering to internal policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities will include owning the month end close accounting, and fulfillment of internal and external audit requests. The individual must be a self-starter and work with limited direction while taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. They will be expected to problem solve, recommend solutions and exercise good business judgment while performing their functions. The candidate is expected to have a strong business acumen coupled with a technical accounting background and very strong systems and communication skills to effectively facilitate information flow between all business partners.
Revenue Accounting Manager – Reality Labs Responsibilities:
- Own month end close procedures for the RL hardware business including preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and other duties as necessary.
- Partner with sales, product, and engineering teams to understand new business models, and design and implement scalable finance operational processes and systems to support the business.
- Perform contract review to ensure compliance with GAAP (ASC 606) and internal policies.
- Identify process gaps and independently develop and implement solutions.
- Streamline and improve existing finance systems and processes to enable the business and finance function to scale.
- Fulfillment of internal and external audit requests.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal team members and cross-functional teams.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, management reporting and business partner inquiries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Experience implementing and improving business processes and systems
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, ASC 606, and Internal Controls
- Collaborative temperament, proven communication skills and demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with attention to detail yet possesses an understanding of the “big picture”. Experience operating with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience in revenue recognition
- Experience with consumer hardware industry accounting
- CPA/Public accounting experience
- Experience with Oracle ERP
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.