Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance team! We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, flexible leaders to help us redefine the IT industry. If you want to join an innovative team where you can have a big impact, this is the place for you.
In this role, you’ll be at the center of driving AWS’s sales strategy. You’ll lead a Finance team and will collaborate with leaders in Sales, Services/Engineering, Business Development, Legal, and Regional Finance teams to understand the financial implications of strategies, develop new go-to-market strategies, and identify opportunities for user and business growth. You will play key roles both running the day-to-day business and helping drive strategic growth for the future. This role will collaborate with our Storage Specialist team, which is one of the largest service groups in AWS. This is a rapidly evolving area offering the potential to have a seat at the table and make a substantial impact on a fast-growing business.
The successful candidate will have proven experiences in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter finance leader with long term vision, comfort with taking the initiative, a keen attention to detail, strong data modeling skills, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has close interaction with executives and various service groups across AWS and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, this role requires strong business judgment, desire to collaborate with others, and capability to independently drive business partnership.
Key job responsibilities
• Provide thoughtful leadership and insight into executive-level decision making through deep analytical insight into core business decisions, such as prioritization of opportunities and resource allocation.
• Formulate models for investment that will provide meaningful impact on the business performance from a deep understanding of the business drivers.
• Work across sales teams to ensure transparent use of resources, and collaborate on ways to drive both increased productivity and speed of innovation.
• Create and cultivate the financial discipline to ensure delivery of goals (e.g., budgets, productivity).
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• BA/BS degree in finance, business, economics, or a related field
• An MBA or MS in Finance, Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Proven skills to earn trust from business partnership and drive cross-organization changes
• Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of alternatives
• Passion for diving into the details of productivity metrics and cost measurement including ROI
• Exceptional business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.