Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Who we are:
Global Mile Imports team facilitates Amazon’s expansion into a rapidly growing list of countries, creating new logistical benchmarks and “firsts” through disruptive innovation. The multicultural, multilingual team works with merchants, sellers, providers, governments and trade officials from the busiest to the most remote locations around the world, applying a global perspective with a local approach. Our mission is “Every supplier. Every location. Every customer on Earth”. A key enabler of our global strategy is developing a strong finance organization. As part of the team, you will be responsible for providing financial decision support around product design, supply chain design and asset investments.
Global Mile Imports Finance seeks a Senior Finance Manager to play a key role on the Global Mile Long Term Planning Strategy. This business builds cross-border logistics and distribution capabilities globally to serve our B2B customers from origin to destination; port to port. This specific role will manage the business development finance support functions for the B2B customers, launch of new programs, new import lanes worldwide, and overall long term strategy to determine the 1P vs. 3P strategy of these services. In this role, you will work with team across multiple regions.
This role partners closely with a broad range of global finance and business leaders. The role also has stakeholders in country leaders, product teams, technology teams, and FP&A. This role works with product managers, operations managers, and software developers. This role designs, develops, and maintains performance measurements and reports on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate will design, develop, and maintain performance measurements, provide ad-hoc analysis and reporting, and drive special projects to continuously lower costs for customers and improve selection and placement of inventory. Working with the technology teams, product management teams, and retail/operations partners, the successful candidate will help in the prioritization and execution of key operations & technology programs which will ultimately accelerate the profitable growth of Amazon Imports. Acting as the finance controller, the person will manage the financial health of the product portfolio.
- Oversee financial reporting for your business area. Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning. Use data to identify disruptive ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the globe.
- With Controllership as the top priority, you identify, resolve, or provide guidance to resolve complex data integrity issues. You improve controls to address financial risk and support frugality. Work with multiple team to drive automation in Inbound AP system and launch / support new tech programs for further launch and automation.
- Educate business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs. You make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where there data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
- Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly. Your communications drive critical business decisions.
- Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
- You exhibit social responsibility. Actively recruit bar-raising talent, continuously develop your team, and constructively mentor the Finance community.
- Identify and sponsor Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that plan for the future and strengthen the global Finance community, such as inclusion and diversity initiatives.
- Become an expert in your lane to contribute to work-life harmony. You are a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members and model operations excellence and efficiency.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science)
- 10+ years of finance experience, or Master’s degree and 8+ years of finance experience
- 5+ years of direct management experience
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams and dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.