We unleash the power of the spoken word.
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based in Tokyo, Audible is looking for a Content Manager, Operations & Finance Japan to oversee
content operations and administration to support the implementation of our ‘content roadmap’. This role ensures operations run smoothly across content development, deal-making and production and that all teams at Audible are informed, aligned and operating effectively.
You will own the programming schedule and reporting of operating income for the Japan Content team and will lead projects to scale Audible’s content opportunities, locally and globally.
Key job responsibilities
As a Content Manager, Operations & Finance, you will…
- Work with content leadership and team members to track content programming, deals and budgeting
- Oversee the management of vendors and publisher relationships to support reporting, onboarding processes, deal tracking and payment
- Drive end-to-end activities including all planning, co-ordination, documentation and communications with relevant stakeholders in accordance to project, regulatory (if appropriate) and timeline requirements
- Work closely with the content teams as well as cross-functional teams incl. Marketing, Product, Customer Service, finance and legal teams to build mechanisms and improve communication and information flow
- Manage all finance tasks supporting publishers, providers and creators
- Own operating income on behalf of the content team, including financial tracking and reporting
- Lead and support content projects for local and global opportunities in line with content lifecycle, budget, finance and program management
- Proficient with excel, word and Power Point
- Experience with managing budgets and supporting process improvement
- Highly organized and efficient with experience in project management
- Independent and autonomous with strong work ethic and internal drive
- Detail-oriented and data driven
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to update progress to the team and stakeholders
- Calm under pressure and good at team work
- English language fluency. Demonstrable experience working with foreign language partners, an advantage. If you do not, there is training support at Audible to increase your English skills.
- Professional degree (minimum BA)
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.