Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is looking for a Tax Analyst that will be responsible for supporting tax compliance activities, as well as assisting with project implementation for Mexico.
Key job responsibilities
• Perform tax compliance activities to support the Global team responsible for accounting, corporate and intercompany transactions.
• Supervise tax compliance, filing returns and reporting obligations
• Work with tax technology and IT teams to come up with automated solutions to the compliance process and assist with implementation.
• Developing, implementing and documenting tax compliance process improvements.
• Coordinate and manage the use of outside advisors for preparing and filing tax returns and reporting obligations.
• Provide assistance to local tax audits and controversy matters.
• Review financial data for proper application of tax laws and transfer pricing.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of tax laws and current developments to identify potential impacts on the Amazon business.
• Monitor industry positions relevant to Amazon’s Mexico business operations.
• Follow up with tax law changes and implement new processes and strategies.
• 5+ years of tax experience with exposure to tax compliance in a multinational corporation and/or a Big 4 public accounting firm.
• 5+ years using computer software including Excel, Word, and online research software.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
• Accounting degree.
• Retail or technology industry sector
• Experience using computer software including Excel, Word, and online research software.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Effective ability to manage across multiple geographies
• Master’s Degree or Equivalent.
• Experience working in a large complex multi-national organization with complex supply chains.
• Experience working in a highly distributed technology environment.