Boston Consulting Group
BCG is a global consultancy with 35+ North America offices that partners with business leaders and society to solve industry-defining challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Voluntary Investment Platform was launched by BCG in 2016 for its Managing Director & Partner cohort (MDPs) as well as other senior employees of the firm. The Platform provides BCG investors with ability to invest in alternative assets through investment funds created by BCG. The platform is also designed to make it easier for BCG investors to manage their investments and strives to provide high touch service investor experience. Since its inception, the platform has been successful among BCG investors. The team manages seven funds with over 900M in total commitments and around 1200 BCGers participating, and more fund raises are planned.
This role will support the Fund Operations Lead, and Fund Operations Manager in administrating the investment platform at BCG. It will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to learn about alternative investments, be involved in all aspects of operations of the funds. The areas of responsibilities will include quarterly closes, capital calls and distributions, tax and financial reporting, cash monitoring, payments of fund expenses as well as credit facility and expense analysis.
Assist in quarterly valuation process including supervising fund administrators in creating investor allocations and capital account statements
Involve in annual audit of the funds by managing the process and open items list
Process incoming capital calls/distributions and prepare investor capital call/distribution calculations, including review of investor notices and cash reconciliations
Assist with preparation and review of all appropriate tax statements, including K-1s, tax estimates, withholding forms, and composite returns
Perform a variety of daily/monthly/quarterly activities, such as reconciliations, cash monitoring payments of fund fees and expenses, credit facility and expense analysis
Support decision making process by providing insightful analysis of the data
* Help drive continuous automation initiatives and support special projects
YOU’RE GOOD AT
– Working independently and as a part of the team to solve problems
– Have positive attitude and able to work in high stress high pace environment
– High level of initiative and collaboration
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Thinking critically and continuously reevaluate the exiting process
– Creating ways to automate processes and learning new digital tools
– Implementing and enforcing best practices by using digital tools
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
– 5+ years of relevant experience at a fund administrator or investment manager
– Knowledge of accounting, reporting and taxation for investment vehicles
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office application and strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills. Knowledge
of Tableau and Alteryx is a plus
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
– Ability to think independently, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure
– Analytical thinker and problem solver
– Strong attention to detail and accuracy
– Individual would have high level of initiative, self-motivation and collaboration
– A proactive nature in developing and improving processes, identifying opportunities for efficiency
YOU’LL WORK WITH
Voluntary Investment Platform team is a part of the PSG team. PSG provides a wide range of services to our BCG MDPs, manages compensation and equity system, and related matters. The model is a dynamic, multi-faceted system designed and customized as needed to support a growing, diverse global partnership. Beyond managing the model, the group plays an integral part in the development and evaluation process as well as the worldwide finance functions.
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.