The Boeing Company
At Boeing, you can contribute to work that matters.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services Commercial Modifications, Engineering and Specialty Products Finance has an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Financial Analyst to provide cost management support to the Boeing Converted Freighter (BCF) and Engineering Services teams .
This analyst position will primarily support the BCF finance team, working with program IPT members to provide cost performance reporting status for critical business drivers. This includes financial assessments and providing regular status to plan for engineering support, Maintenance Repair and Operations (MRO) costs, Bill of Materials and capital tooling. Analyst will also contribute to monthly overhead and cost reporting activities for Engineering Services located in Seattle, Washington or Long Beach, California.
- Develops resource forecasts and/or Estimates at Completion (EACs) for control accounts, budgets, functions or pools; financial EACs for contracts or programs
- Initiates analysis of: resource forecasts and/or control account EACs; financial EACs
- Compiles data from multiple sources and develops performance reports
- Initiates variance analyses and provides understanding of operational and financial performance to management
- Makes recommendations to management on financial performance projections using financial and business knowledge and experience
- Develops, reviews, analyzes and maintains cost and/or schedule performance measurement baselines, including earned value, and variance analyses and communicates cost and/or schedule trends
- Develops business cases using appropriate indices
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related degree
- 1+ years of experience in a finance related position such as Financial Operations, Material Cost Management, Accounting, Estimating, Financial Planning, or Procurement Financial Analysis (PFA)
- 1+ experience with PowerPoint and Excel for data analysis and presentations
- Experience in a business related function (including but not limited to: Finance, Contracts, Estimating, Procurement Financial Analysis, Business Operations, Supplier Manager, Marketing and Sales)
- Ability to work independently and with a cross-functional team
- Ability to work in virtual/telecommuting (hybrid) and an office setting
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience with Data Analytics and Risk Analysis
- Works well under strict deadlines
- Experience presenting to senior management
- Experience in supplier manager and/or supply chain management and/or contracts
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years’ related work experience, 10 years’ related work experience, etc.)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.