Bristol Myers Squibb
Bristol Myers Squibb is dedicated to discovering, developing, and delivering innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Director, US Commercialization Financial Planning and Analysis will report to the VP, Finance US Commercial and manage 2 direct reports while driving financial planning and reporting processes across a $15B+ business.This leader will also interact with senior leaders throughout the organization on a day-to-day basis and help shape the FPA capability within US commercial.
Person in the role will:
- Consolidate and analyze all financial information including actuals, budgets, projections, monthly/quarterly closes and manage ad-hoc requests for the US Commercialization organization, comprising of ~$15B+ of Net Sales and ~1.5B+ OPEX
- Create presentation material and ad-hoc analysis in support of VP Finance and GM, US Commercialization for various planning cycles and closes
- Analyze weekly sales reports and commentary for distribution to senior management
- Assist US HQ business partners in managing and delivering on OPEX (~$40M) budgets for US Commercialization Executive, Promotional Compliance, and other business unit-wide functions
- Lead and develop strong team of FPA professionals
- Communicate the overall financial reporting calendar to Brand Finance teams and ensure due dates are adhered to and deliverables are quality checked
- Collaborate extensively across the matrix organization, with: Brand Finance, Finance Shared Services, Corporate FPA, Total Commercial, Corporate Financial Reporting, Investor Relations, Market Research and External / Internal Audit
- Lead and develop headcount reporting and analysis for ~3,200 person US Commercial organization while working with HR business partners to identify needs and uses
- Drive creation of realistic forecasts and challenge assumptions as appropriate
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with business partners and involved functions
- Ensure compliance with all BMS guidelines for business performance and reporting
- Maintain strong internal controls including compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX)
- 10+ years of financial and/or accounting experience exhibiting increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor Degree in accounting or finance required, MBA/CPA preferred
- Mastery of financial analysis, modeling, processes (budget, PL, strategic planning) sufficient to train and develop others
- Develops various financial reporting schedules timely and accurately
- Take a hands on approach with creating reports and analysis, and adding valuable new insights to existing data sets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience leading a team of multiple individuals
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP/BI/BEX/Hyperion is a requirement and experience with Oracle and Workday is very desirable
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical commercialization dynamics
- Understanding of operational business strategies and issues
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and robust experience in internal controls
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.