Chick-fil-A is a restaurant chain with a passion for service.
The Corporate Financial Reporting team is entrusted with preparing and reporting the financial activity of Chick-fil-A, Inc., and its subsidiaries on a monthly and annual basis, according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), for internal and external requirements.
The Senior Accountant position is a professional role that is responsible for the preparation, reconciliation and reporting of various financial statement information. The Senior Accountant position will serve an integral role on the team by preparing necessary journal entries and ensuring appropriate accounting is being performing on their designated accounts and entities. This role will also be an active participate in the preparation of workpapers and documentation needed for the completion of the annual financial statement audit.
This role will possess a comprehensive understanding of GAAP and Chick-fil-A’s accounting policies and practices. This role requires relationships with key personnel within Financial Services to support the accounting of complex initiatives. The Corporate Financial Reporting team is looking for a natural problem-solver who is independent, coachable, detail-oriented, and continually seeking process improvement.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year end accounting close activities
- Perform account reconciliations on various general ledger accounts and use problem solving skills to research and remediate any reconciling differences
- Oversee month-end close of assigned subledgers (i.e., Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory)
- Perform monthly account analysis, research variances, and communicate insights with leadership
- Use GAAP accounting expertise to serve on cross-functional project teams to provide accounting guidance for various projects and new initiatives across the business
- Evaluate current processes and procedures and recommend changes
- Perform ad-hoc projects, tasks, and analysis to help support decisions, resolve issues, or support various business needs
- Participate in the annual financial statement audit by preparing requested workpapers/schedules
- Develop relationships across the business to provide financial perspective
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3 plus years
- CPA license
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience using Oracle ERP and ThoughtSpot
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education