Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
Meta is seeking an experienced candidate to support its tax operations team. This position will work on tax operations projects in supporting the Company’s tax provision processes, forecasting and analytics, and operational process improvements, with a primary focus on technical infrastructure. The ideal candidate should have a record of progression and success in a Big 4 and in-house experience with a publicly traded, US multinational. The candidate must have a strong working knowledge of tax technical areas (Subchapter C, international tax, M&A) with the ability to apply such knowledge in reporting transactions on the provision and return, the ability to lead cross functional projects, operate independently in a fast-paced environment, the ability to automate processes and collaborate with numerous functional teams across the organization. The candidate will be expected to anticipate and surface issues, solve problems, recommend solutions and exercise good business judgment while performing these functions.
Tax Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Support Meta’s quarterly and annual global income tax provision calculation and reporting processes.
- Manage special tax projects related to Meta’s technical infrastructure, including planning, reviewing transactions, managing external service providers, and presenting results.
- Identify and assess process enhancement opportunities, plan and lead implementation.
- Work proactively with the business to resolve critical issues.
- Develop concise and compelling business cases for proposed projects.
- Collaborate effectively with other cross-functional teams globally.
- Support US tax planning, including modeling, tax technical analysis and documentation.
- Work with external auditors in establishing tax provision timelines, work plans, defining deliverables, and assist in completion auditors’ year-end audit.
- Monitor SOX compliance for the tax team and respond to internal audit requests as necessary.
- Partner with rest of team to deliver analytical solutions and to determine impact of strategic business decisions and transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of combined relevant tax experience in Big 4 and in a large US multinational corporation
- Solid technical proficiency in ASC740, stock-based compensation, operational transfer pricing flows such as cost-sharing and recharges, accounting for foreign operations, outside-basis differences, uncertain tax positions, and business combinations
- Demonstrated leadership experience and experience managing projects
- Experience organizing large volume of information and identify automation and digitization opportunities
- Clear communicator, experience running meetings effectively, and to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Aptitude to progress within the tax organization
- Effective tax technical skills with broad knowledge of corporate taxation including working knowledge of mergers and acquisitions, international tax and state and local tax
- Experience organizing large volumes of information and identifying automation and digitization opportunities
- Experience in financial systems (i.e. Oracle, Oracle Fixed Assets, Hyperion, Essbase, etc.), Alteryx and OTP provision
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed cross-functional teams to implement business processes in a global environment
- Sense of ownership and accountability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on, results-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong self-initiative and persistence, experience dealing with a high degree of ambiguity and drive clarity in key areas
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.