Bullhorn is the leading global software provider for the staffing and recruitment industry. More than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Through our incredible products and services, we create raving fan customers, resulting in company growth that consistently offers new opportunities for our talent to advance their careers. 35% of our global workforce gets promoted or moves into a new role every year, expanding their skills and working with new people. Bullhorn is large enough to provide these exciting opportunities but small enough to maintain the energy of a startup, and we’re consistently ranked as a great place to work for our strong culture and rewarding career opportunities.
Our commitment to our employees: Every Bullhorn employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path to success. Bullhorn offers unlimited planned vacation, great opportunities for career development, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Our in-office and hybrid employees enjoy a casual, collaborative environment with in-office perks and quarterly social events. While working from the comfort of their own homes, our remote employees are provided a full equipment package with all the tools they need to perform their role. We use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected while we are remote.
Bullhorn is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Finance team.
Why this job is important:
The Accounting Manager will own the accounting processes and lead our team to delivering results accurately and efficiently. They will work closely with members of the team, as well as other members of finance, to ensure month end close deadlines are met.
A typical day might include:
– Leading a team that manages the monthly close and reporting of a global software company with multiple entities
– Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for judgmental/complex accounting areas
– Taking ownership of technical accounting research and implementation of new accounting standards and application of US GAAP, documented through accounting memos
– Developing the appropriate control environment surrounding financial reporting and implement process improvements for better efficiency and timeliness
– Establishing and maintaining effective rapport through regular contact, active listening and timely addressing of any issues, concerns or problems, with both internal and external contacts and customers
– Assisting with the coordination with external auditors for the year-end audits and statutory requirements
– Assisting management with establishing strategic plans and objectives, in addition to complying with reporting and compliance requirements
– Recommending, implementing, maintaining and communicating accounting policies, practices and procedures to improve and insure financial control and integrity of the Company’s financial statements and reporting process
– Identifying ways to promote efficiency and create best practices
This role may be a fit for you if:
– You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
– You’ve enjoyed every moment of your 5+ years of accounting/finance experience, preferably in a public company setting.
– You have strong working knowledge of accounting standards.
– You’re detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– You have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet assigned deadlines, are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (power user of Excel) or similar tools.
– You are an outstanding communicator who is comfortable interacting with clients and colleagues in a professional and helpful manner.
Bonus Points for:
– Experience using Accounting software (Intacct, Ultimate Software)SaaS or public company experience highly desirable
– Public Accounting Experience
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
– Service – You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
– Energy – You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
– Ownership – You take action and own up to your mistakes.
– Speed & Agility – You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
– Being Human – You consider other people’s perspectives, laugh, and have fun.
Bullhorn is fully committed to equal opportunities. We aim to create a working environment free from discrimination. This means all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, race, religion, or belief, gender or sexual orientation.