CarMax makes the process of buying and researching quality used cars simple, enjoyable, and stress-free—with a focus on honesty, integrity, and customer satisfaction.
8901 – Corp Office West Crk – 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this job
The Accounts Payable Coordinator II is responsible for vendor data integrity, ensuring timely and accurate payments, and resolving inquiries received in our Accounts Payable (AP) area. AP supports multiple business processes related to expenses incurred by our CarMax stores, CarMax Auto Finance, and Corporate Office.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Process transactions, perform research and resolve items per established control requirements, procedures, IRS guidelines and corporate policies. Activities can include Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) validation, data entry and audit, validation of supporting documentation and approval, obtaining and reconciling vendor statements, processing cash receipts, working aging reports and/or queues, exception handling and reporting
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers on vendor set up, terms and payment method options, payment status and resolution of discrepancies
- Perform basic accounting functions to ensure accuracy of vendor profile data, transactions and account balances. Activities can include vendor set up and maintenance, recording payment cancellations and voucher corrections, resolving debit balances, reconciling general ledger accounts against sub-systems, recording journal entries and participating in general ledger close activities
- Share knowledge with others, stabilize new processes and maintain documentation. Activities can include training, acting as a subject matter expert for business initiatives, contributing ideas for process improvements, validating standard work, updating training manuals and supporting special projects as needed.
Purpose of the role
The Accounting Operations team operates in a collaborative environment with uncompromising integrity and accountability, all while supporting company growth through collective expertise, cross-functional partnerships and a mindset focused around continuous improvement. You will share our passion for helping customers by being empowered to make a difference.
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to embrace change
- Ability to speak up and express opinion appropriately
- Ability to challenge others and the status quo
- Ability to commit to do what is right for the Company, the Associate, and the customer
- Ability to pay attention to details and make few errors
- Ability to maintain high energy and stay productive
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to make and follow through on commitments; owns the work
- Ability to communicate in a clear and open manner through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods
- Ability to “read” the situation and adapt communication style appropriately
- Ability to share information with the right people in the right way
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 3+ years of business experience, including 1+ years of accounting, finance or related experience (e.g., bookkeeping, cash management, office management) required or a related business degree
- Account reconciliation experience preferred
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel required (i.e. Filtering, VLOOKUP’s, Subtotals, Shortcuts); basic level of MS Access preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.