Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team manages Meta’s entire budget of revenue and expenses. We focus on using our unique view into ‘the numbers’ to see trends and opportunities that are developing within Meta and within related industries. Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action, know how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast, and are constantly thinking of how to optimize how they get work done. Meta is seeking a Finance Manager to work in a high-performing team, helping support the business operations of our server fleet management organization. The partners we support come from across multiple disciplines including engineering, sourcing, operations and capacity planning. They work on designing, negotiating, procuring, deploying, maintaining, and de-manufacturing our servers which are critical to running Facebook’s apps and services. In each step of this process, there are financial implications to consider and a candidate for this position will get to understand and track them, and learn to strategically advise business partners. A successful candidate needs to be execution-focused and able to move quickly to pull together financial data and perspectives by developing a strong understanding of our systems and processes. A successful candidate also needs to be able to handle steep learning curves and understanding the technical nature of the business we are supporting, but there are excellent resources and people ready to support one’s growth. You will be expected to be collaborative as the role involves working with lots of different teams, within and outside the Finance group. A great candidate finds success by helping others become successful.Lastly, a successful candidate should be creative as the team handles large scale transactions and deals with lots of data. We need someone who can be creative about how to get things done quickly, but accurately. Hacks (using Excel, SQL, Tableau) to speed things up are important.
Finance Manager – Server Fleet Operations Responsibilities:
- Create strong business partnerships with business partners across Server Engineering and cross-functional teams
- Tie CapEx investments back to capacity budgets for product growth, feature development, hardware refresh
- Work with Sourcing teams to understand and manage drivers of server rack procurement related spending (including transportation and strategic manufacturing investments)
- Co-own financial forecasting for production server CapEx, working closely with Capacity Engineering and Sourcing teams
- Improve depreciation forecasting and reporting
- Work with Finance Systems teams to analyze and draft requirements for new capabilities or modify existing ones for forecasting and reporting, and act as the super-user
- Develop tools to automate and streamline reporting, and create financial KPIs/metrics that help business partners make financial decisions
- Experience managing large volumes of data and driving financial insights from them
- Experience working and problem solving independently, organizing workload and priorities, and completing tasks on time
- Experience with developing forecasts, tracking actuals and variance, and creating easy to understand narratives around financial data
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, Google Docs, Oracle, SQL and Hyperion
- Experience in applicable accounting concepts and financial planning
- 7+ years of experience in finance, business operations, or strategy consulting
- Experience as a finance partner to Engineering leaders and/or Supply Chain leaders
- Experience in technical infrastructure (e.g., servers, data centers, fiber networks)
- Excels in navigating through ambiguity and unstructured problems
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.