Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you an Investigator? Do you have a passion to dive deep and investigate the truth behind the issue? Do you enjoy following the evidence to uncover the root of a problem? Do you want to implement and use tax technology in place of manual process to mitigate adhoc tax audit and tax assessment challenges? Do you want to learn about online marketplaces, publishing, apps, devices, music and video, logistics, and marketing, among other businesses? Are you looking for an opportunity to have fun and make history? If your answer is yes, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Amazon is seeking a Compliance Assurance & Controllership (CAC) Manager to join its Taskless Tax team in India. Our vision is to help Amazon maintain a constant state of audit readiness across the globe. In this role, you will partner with stakeholders to regularly inspect and investigate our finance systems, processes and design and deliver solutions that ensure those systems and processes are operating in a controlled environment, complaint with Amazon finance policies and local tax regulations, and are audit ready. You should be well versed with India tax audit (Form 3CD) and tax assessment requirements and be able to formulate audit readiness (internal audit & control) plans to mitigate the challenges posed by regular and adhoc tax audits and compliance assessments. CAC Managers oversee and influence cross-functional operational teams to identify and deliver solutions (tax technologies) that alleviate the challenges Amazon faces in meeting its local tax obligations. Stakeholder groups include Amazon businesses, technology teams, operations teams, advisory teams, corporate tax, accounts payable, and accounting.
Key job responsibilities
Successful CAC Managers are self-starters, able to work autonomously, natural problem solvers, collaborative, and not fazed by adversity or ambiguity.
• Develop and execute regular E2E inspection and investigations of our finance systems and processes to assess our compliance with local withholding tax ‘WHT’ (TDS) and TCS regulations.
• Help drive continuous improvement of our finance processes through regular assessment of the process and system controls.
• Collaborate with functional area managers to align resources and execute projects to close identified compliance and/or controllership gaps.
• Support our advisory teams in responding tax notices and audit requests by ensuring that the evidence necessary to prove our compliance with local withholding tax regulations has been reviewed and organized and can be provided to the local tax authority upon demand.
• Provide tax compliance support for business expansions globally.
About the team
Compliance Assurance and Controllership (CAC) team, from Taskless Tax is responsible for ensuring compliance for global WHT and tax aduit requirements. Our vision is to help Amazon maintain a constant state of audit readiness across the globe. Our aim is to assess the effectiveness of compliance and operational controls as well as providing assurance on compliance with local laws and regulations.We encourage utilization of technology to maximise operations and audit effectiveness e.g. deploys a number of technologies to assist with data extraction and analysis and uses audit software to automate issue tracking and reporting. We follow a regular and clear reporting on systematic risk and control related trends arising across organization to the key stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in Tax laws, Accounting & Finance.
• 5+ years of experience with TDS, TCS, tax audits, finance operations, including accounts payable and receivable.
• Experience in executing tax audits/assessments of a company’s finance and business operations.
• Familiar with international tax compliances, DTAA related to WHT matters.
• CA, CPA, LLM or Masters in Taxation, Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
• 3+ years experience working within the tax/finance department of a large multi-national organization or Big fours.
• Good analytical skills with the ability to quickly learn new finance processes and associated technical systems.
• Cross-functional leadership skills and exemplary relationship-building skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to discuss processes and associated technical functionality to business partners in a straightforward fashion.
• Effective and collaborative communication and writing skills, with the ability to customize approach for a variety of audiences ranging from senior executives to junior resources.
• Ability to effectively prioritize competing demands and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in MS Office Suite skills.
• Ability to demonstrate empathy for customers issues and problems.
• Ability to work independently with limited general supervision, effectively prioritizing competing demands across global teams to meet deadlines