UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
UnitedHealthcare Community & State is seeking a Finance Manager to join the segment’s Business Development Finance team. The Finance Manager will be a leader within BD Finance supporting an aggressive new product/market growth agenda in the Medicaid space. The position will engage directly with the broader UHC C&S Growth / Business Development team providing financial and competitive analysis for various types of Requests for Proposal (RFPs). A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to perform detailed analyses of opportunities and also produce polished, executive-level presentations. The position will work on a daily basis with others on the BD Finance team, collaborate extensively with our business and health plan partners, and must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team. This is a unique opportunity to directly support the UHC C&S growth agenda while enjoying competitive benefits, growth potential and valuable healthcare industry exposure.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interpret RFPs and the financial/strategic opportunities they represent for the UnitedHealthcare Community & State business
- Produce clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message for their stakeholders (Market CEO/CFO, Regional CEO/CFO)
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Assess competitive landscape and formulate UHC C&S market share / membership projections for rebid, product carve-in and greenfield opportunities
- Develop and maintain financial tools, models, and reports to consolidate data from a variety of sources and efficiently meet the reporting needs of management and the business
- Support administrative cost builds capturing applicable start-up, value-add service and ongoing staffing costs for opportunities; partner with UHC C&S Actuarial Team on pro forma builds
- Understand and incorporate industry specific metrics into reports to highlight relevant trends and support fact-based business decisions
- Prepare new business opportunity materials for UHC C&S Regional and Executive leadership review and signoff
- Manage direct report(s)
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or other relevant field
- 4+ years of progressively more responsible financial planning and analysis work
- Proven financial modeling and analysis experience
- Solid working knowledge of financial systems, statements and reports
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Management experience either directly or indirectly
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That’s why you’ll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low- income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: fSQL, financial budgeting and forecasting, excel, SAS, financial data, large data sets, month end, quarter end close