Trimble is an industrial technology company that connects the physical and digital worlds to help solve complex industry challenges around the world
Job Title: Finance Manager – Systems
Location: Richmond Hill, Canada
Our Department: Trimble Autonomy
We are Trimble
We are an industrial technology company that transforms the way the construction, agriculture and transportation industries conduct business right across the world. Essentially, we make it easier for our customers to build infrastructure, grow our foods and transport the goods you use every day and do it in an environmentally responsible way. For your career, this means working with a global team of people who have an entrepreneurial spirit while tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges, working in a collaborative and inclusive environment with innovators who bring their whole selves to work.
About the Role
This is a new role. You will manage the division’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems. Review and monitor day-to-day financial operations activities of the business. You will also establish and maintain best practices for the financial environment to ensure they comply with Trimble policy requirements. Additionally, you will collaborate with other departments to ensure cross functional processes and controls function effectively.
What You Will Do
- Evaluate and strengthen finance team’s ability to meet corporate reporting, forecasting and SOX control requirements
- Make recommendations to transform manual and clerical work to more efficient business processes
- Work closely with the division’s Salesforce.com CRM initiatives and Microsoft Navision integrations as well as enhancements.
- Implement Jet Reports as a tool to improve Microsoft Navision financials and forecast reporting needs
- Introduce Zetadocs or similar document management system to automate and streamline document retention related to all financial transactions
- Get the division prepared for migration from its legacy Microsoft Navision ERP system to Oracle ERP in few years
- Support digital transformation initiatives of the division
- Assist any other projects or work assigned by Controller
What Skills & Experience You Should Bring
- Prior experience in implementing financial systems and process improvements.
- Familiarity with analyzing various data sources and business support systems to enhance financial reports
- Open to embrace organizational, process and reporting requirement changes
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
- Working experience in Microsoft Navision, Salesforce, Jet Reports, Zetadocs and a Tier 1 ERP (Oracle or SAP)
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
- Ideal candidate will have a degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with a thorough knowledge of systems and financial operations
- Previous experience as a Finance / Systems Manager would be an advantage.
- Ability to take initiatives to solve problems along with solid analytical skills, understanding of the business processes, and systems optimization
- Experience in working for an international production/manufacturing company with complex product offerings is desired
- Demonstrated success experience in enhancing and migrating ERP systems
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
Trimble’s Inclusiveness Commitment
We believe in celebrating our differences. That is why our diversity is our strength. To us, that means actively participating in opportunities to be inclusive. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion have guided our current success while also moving our desire to improve. We actively seek to add members to our community who represent our customers and the places we live and work.
We have programs in place to make sure our people are seen, heard, and welcomed and most importantly that they know they belong, no matter who they are or where they are coming from.
Trimble is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available to applicants invited to an interview.