Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
Why finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation?Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named one of the Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs including training, certifications, mentorship, leadership programs, tuition reimbursement, one-on-one coaching and more!
Reporting to Senior Divisional Finance Director, the Finance Manager, Ortho & Spine will be responsible for all financial aspects of the division strategy.
In this role, you will collaborate with various stakeholders in a matrix organization, including divisional finance, sales & marketing, local finance, European Financial Shared Service Center and the FP&A team.
Who we want:
- Dedicated high achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Effective communicators. People who can interpret financial information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders and senior management.
- Network builders. Managers who build connections with other teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional collaboration.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing, to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend and implement comprehensive improvements to prevent future issues.
What You Will Do:
- Finance business partner for the Ortho & Spine business unit, supporting in the P&L reporting the Senior Divisional Finance Director.
- Work with business unit leadership team to grow the business by formulating appropriate financial strategies and plans.
- Support the identification of market opportunities (“where to win”). Determine business strategy to seize market opportunities (“how to win”).
- Lead and manage the annual budgeting and monthly financial projection processes.
- Submit all divisional forecasts and budgets to Europe FP&A for consolidation and final signoff.
- Provide details for expense trends, marketing events and activities, demos and other investments.
- Evaluate alternatives, in order to, achieve business objectives
- Close involvement in analysis of new product development and launches and business development base case financial models.
- Liaise with countries and FP&A Europe to understand root causes of financial results and investigation of budget variances and setting recovery plans.
- Prepare and interpret operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the progress to financial goals and objectives.
- Present monthly financials to Divisional management. Act as primary point of contact for all Divisional financial matters and queries.
- Collaborate and partner with Country Finance teams, Europe FP&A and Transatlantic Finance teams in the U.S.
- Follow direction from Senior Director and collaborate with other Finance teams to simplify, standardize reporting and processes to reduce complexity and waste
- Represents the business unit or Division on project teams at finance meetings.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting
- CPA qualification preferred
- 8+ years of experience providing financial support/consultation to a large, complex organization
- 3+ years of successful experience in a people management role
- Excellent working knowledge & understanding of US GAAP
- Demonstrated ability to influence other senior leaders to set strategy and accomplish financial goals of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle both strategic and tactical financial issues
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com