Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to play a key role on the Consumer Engagement Products Finance team. The successful candidate will be analytical, customer obsessed, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively business partner with senior leaders.
You will partner with the business and finance management to present insights, recommendations, and provide thoughtful analysis for business decision support.
This role requires a self-starter that is able to navigate ambiguity, with business modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and a track record of influencing business partners with data-driven decision making.
The CE products organization is comprised of product and tech teams focused on customer experience features and products, so partnering to influence this organization requires business acumen and strong verbal and written communication skills.
This role is flexible on location.
Key job responsibilities
- Partnering with senior leaders in Consumer Engagement
- Creating, improving, and maintaining financial models
- Gathering analytical insights and developing financial frameworks to help grow profitability
- Participating in the core financial processes for the organization including Annual Operating Plans, 3 year Strategic Plan, and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
- Completing cost/benefit analyses and communicating key drivers/inputs to support business decisions
- Performing financial reporting, deep project analyses, and financial modeling
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- MBA and/ or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical customers
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (VBA, array functions, etc.)
- Proficiency with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL and/or Cognos) and other financial systems, providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
- Experience in Power BI, QuickSight, or other similar visualization tools
- Advanced experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and keen business acumen; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.