Samsung Electronics America
Samsung delivers cutting-edge technologies and experiences that push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
Currently seeking a Financial Sr. Analyst to support marketing and promotion budget management, financial planning, and system budget entry, primarily focused on TWS and APS product categories, but not limited to. This role will report directly to the Finance Manager and will work closely with Channel Marketing, internal finance and account teams, and external vendors.
Role and Responsibilities
Financial Planning & Operations:
- Work with cross-functional teams to plan marketing and promotion spend allocation to validate ROI and alignment with company and strategic goals.
- Managing Marketing Investment: creation of ad hoc campaigns & plan proposals (PP) in NERP, and purchase order (PO) in BQMS system – create, submit, and obtain approval in internal budget system.
- Process all invoices timely in NERP for National Retail team. Review invoice for accuracy, that SOW or PO is attached as well as proof of performance. Communicate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve invoicing errors and discrepancies.
- Aging Analysis – ongoing tracking/reporting of financial state of over company’s policy
- Aggregate and analyze marketing and promotion spend data from different sources and formats across the organization and from external vendors
- Manage detailed historical and forecast data, and submit monthly forecast of channel marketing spend activities in both Excel and internal systems
Reporting & Analysis:
- Provide leadership with regular reporting of budget status, spend analysis, and other financial metrics by category and channel.
- Assist with ad hoc strategic projects, including planning, tracking, reporting, and documentation of all aspects of the projects.
- Maintain and update channel analytics dashboard and reporting, including but not limited to: marketing and promotion spend, profit, acquisition and retention cost, and other key sales efficiency metrics by channel.
- Provide analytical support for business decision-making of channel partners and account teams including but not limited to: maintain monthly D3 program tracker, reconcile forecast data and spending, and other data-driven insights to support GTM programs.
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills & Attributes
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve business objectives, personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, based on sometimes vaguely defined objectives.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position.
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualify for an exemption.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.