The Home Depot
The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement retailer.
This position assists in the preparation of economic- and financial analysis and forecasts for use in the development of financial business decisions.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 25% Oversee the administration of financial policies.
- 25% Conducts special financial studies and coordinates with other departments in the preparation of statistical studies.
- 25% Performs internal and external economic research and analyzes issues related to specific financial metrics to ensure competitiveness
- 5% Compiles or prepares reports, graphs and charts of data developed.
- 10% Recommends changes in financial analysis methods or procedures.
- 10% Assists and supervises Financial Analysts in the daily preparation and conduct of their work.
Nature and Scope:
This position typically reports to a Sr. Manager
Typically requires highly developed interpersonal skills for dealing with sensitive or controversial situations.
Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches.
Typically considers new approaches within general policies and short-term goals when solving problems.
Typically, once given general assignments, determines priorities and defines what should be done and how to do it.
Environmental Job Requirements:
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less then 10% of the time
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Under constant pressure to continuously meet tight deadlines, demanding quotas and/or must regularly deal with difficult situations.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field is preferred.
- Experience in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Accounting or Finance experience.
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills