Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
To address critical accounting risks across the Global Lease and Fiber portfolios within the infrastructure team, Meta is seeking a seasoned Infrastructure Accounting Manager to focus on end-to-end accounting risk assessment to ensure accurate and timely financial statement filings. The successful individual will be able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, highly proficient in US GAAP with a particular focus on fixed assets, lease accounting, and SOX, work well with cross functional teams, communicate concisely to leadership. The ideal candidate will have strong research, consultative, communication, analytical, storytelling skills and will thrive managing concurrent projects while working with a cross-functional team to drive outcomes. We need someone who enjoys operating in ambiguity and uses creativity to combat challenges.
Infrastructure Accounting Manager, Risk and Compliance Responsibilities:
- Ongoing accounting risk assessment and continuous monitoring of existing & emerging risks with insightful qualitative and quantitative analyses with the focus areas: asset useful life, lease and fiber accounting processes, and other non-routine/unique accounting programs
- Research accounting implications or changes in the subject areas, prepare accounting memos, reach conclusions with adequate level of rationale and documentation for review and communicate and present the accounting conclusions to the team
- Update accounting policies and accounting estimates based on changing business models to reduce future risks
- Help design analytic reports for accounting impact and risks assessment to identify risks before they happen
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors to ensure timely communication of accounting changes/risks/impact
- Monitor, understand and provide interpretation of new and proposed accounting pronouncements in areas of focus to assist the team in assessing financial, operational, and reporting implications
- Lead ad hoc special accounting analysis projects
- Work closely with key cross-functional partners in Business, Technical Accounting, SEC reporting, FP&A, and Internal Audit through effective communications and globally coordinated execution
- 6+ years of financial statements auditing, financial accounting, or similar experience
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with technical accounting research, accounting memo preparation & accounting policy update, internal controls over financial reporting design, and 10Q/K disclosures
- Both technical and operational knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Experience working through ambiguity to communicate clear accounting positions and risks
- Experience providing detailed review and editing of documentation from a risk perspective
- Experience executing in a dynamic, high speed and demanding environment by demonstrating organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Experience with lease accounting, recording, and reporting
- Experience analyzing large data sets to analyze risk and impact and working with business partners to effect changes
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.