You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
- Provides oversight for multiple small teams or one large team of Accountants responsible for conducting accounting services on behalf of assigned clients including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses, and preparing reports. Manages the performance of teams and sets area priorities.
- Manages multiple teams in determining the net asset value (NAV) for assigned funds for each measurement cycle. Manages relationships with assigned clients and resolves any escalated issues related to fund calculations and accounting.
- Directs and sets priorities for processes that check for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements. Provides guidance to teams managed to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Resolves escalated issues from team members.
- Evaluates GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices. Provides guidance to teams on implementation of new policies to follow regulations.
- Directs the drafting of financial reports for clients to review fund performance. Communicates reports and accounting intricacies to clients.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Leads working relationships with auditors and clients to make changes to financial reports and ensure they accurately depict fund performance.
- Manages multiple small teams or one large team of Accountants. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
- Bachelors degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience and at least 0-1 years in management preferred.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.