At Edwards Lifesciences, every heartbeat matters.
This position will be a key member of Edwards Lifesciences’ Global Accounting and Reporting group and will play a key role in accounting for Edwards’ complex and technical accounting transactions. Position will interact with external auditors, internal auditors, and management. You will have the opportunity to work with top-level executives and lead the rest of the accounting team worldwide! You will be at the forefront of our earnings and filing process.
- Collaborate with multiple key stakeholders to prepare SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 11-K, etc), including XBRL compliance and other statutory reporting requirements. Provide input, as required, to the quarterly earnings process. Gather, research, and analyze data, write narratives and provide recommendations with increased independence
- Lead and conduct highly technical accounting research using third party resources or databases to interpret and apply technical accounting rules to complex transactions. Document the Company’s position in comprehensive, clear and concise technical accounting memos.
- Work with multiple key stakeholders to determine accounting for business combinations, asset acquisitions, and other complex transactions. Identify and monitor status of variable interest entities and ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Serve as a point of contact to executive leadership in providing guidance on a broad range of accounting areas while leveraging expanded experience, in accordance with U.S GAAP and company policy
- Lead in the implementation of new and highly complex accounting standards
- Clearly articulate and educate team members in Finance and other departments with respect to the impact of complex accounting transactions, accounting policies, new standards, and other technical matters
- Perform financial close procedures, as needed, on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and other analyses related to complex accounting areas.
- Accountable for all related SOX narratives and controls in areas of responsibility
- Identify, evaluate, and lead the implementation of more complex process improvements and/or course correction/alignment opportunities
- Interface with internal and external auditors and vendors to respond to questions
- Other duties as assigned by leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Mathematics
- A minimum of twelve years experience in Accounting/Finance or ten years experience with a Master’s Degree
- Must have minimum of manager-level experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm and recent SEC reporting experience
- Business combination experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or equivalent
- Experience with complex accounting transactions and technical GAAP research, including expert understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting standards
- Microsoft-based operating systems, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with variable interest entities and business combinations
- Revenue recognition experience
- International entity exposure
- JD Edwards Enterprise One, OneStream and/or Hyperion systems experience a plus
- Knowledge of Workiva/WDesk is a plus. Experience with XBRL
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must have high degree of accuracy; strict attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Deadline driven, results-oriented, highly responsible and accountable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills, including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives. Positive attitude.
- Excellent facilitation skills with the ability to present to senior leadership. Ability to interact professionally with all organization levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
- Proven successful project management skills. Ability to represent leadership on projects within multiple areas, interfacing with project managers, finance team and middle management
- Recognized as an expert in one or more areas with broad-based advanced knowledge within the organization
- Extremely proactive, strong initiative, self-motivated
- High integrity, ethics, and strong values
- Adaptable, flexible in a changing environment
- Innovative use of IT tools and new technology
- Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g., pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
E dwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our vulnerable patients and the healthcare providers who are treating them around the world. As such, all Healthcare Interacting positions require COVID-19 vaccination, which includes anyone who directly interfaces with patients and those who interact with healthcare providers as part of their role. If hired, as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption from being vaccinated.