Broadridge is the leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions—helping broker-dealers, banks, mutual funds, and corporate issuers manage risk and accelerate growth.
At Broadridge, we’ve built a culture where the highest goal is to empower others to accomplish more. If you’re passionate about developing your career, while helping others along the way, come join the Broadridge team.
Broadridge is growing! We are seeking a remote, contract Alternative Investments Accountant to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will perform middle and back-office investment accounting functions on behalf of “Buy Side” clients, utilizing Broadridge’s Investment accounting solution, or a client centric application. You will adhere to established operating procedures while maintaining service delivery timelines agreed upon, with respect to each individual client contract. This position will report into the Director of Investment Operations.
Do you have a passion for private equity investment banking, and are you looking to join one of the leaders in the Financial Technology industry? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a temporary, contract role expected to go permanent. It is a remote role where you will work off-site. Travel is limited and generally used for team learning and collaboration meetings.
- Use essential accounting and organizational skills while working both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support “buy side” clients investment books of record
- Ensure that financial controls and investment accounting policies and procedures are maintained
- Ensure accurate/timely processing around the accounting of investment transactions, including: Settlement of trades; Monitoring movement of securities; Corporate Action processing (Mandatory and Voluntary); Portfolio Valuations; Cash and position reconciliations, accruals, etc.; Execution of capital calls, receipt of distributions, and other capital activities; Monthly/Quarterly management fee processing and reporting
- Maintain month-end close process and journalization of investment data
- Assess client accounting requirements and develop processes for efficient service delivery
- Contribute knowledge and guidance to the development of financial applications
- Communicate with internal and external clients, research and handle client inquiries and data exceptions
- Strong working knowledge of Private Equity and Hedge Funds, including reading GP/Fund administration statements and recording Capital Commitments, Capital Call, Distributions, Expenses, Subscription and Redemption data while validating unfunded positions and other key performance indicators
- Proven understanding of Alternative investments
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or at least 6 Accounting credits)
- Minimum of 2-3 years related accounting experience from an investment firm, endowment, or charitable trust
- Proficiency with Microsoft office tools, Excel and Word
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We recognize that ensuring our long-term success means creating an environment where everyone is welcome, where everyone’s strengths are valued and where everyone can perform at their best. Broadridge provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ethnic origin, age, disability, genetic information, or military or veteran status and other protected characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.US applicants: Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation in the event you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage because of your disability. You may request a reasonable accommodation(s) by calling 888-237-7769 or by sending an email to BRcareers@broadridge.com.