At DoorDash, our mission is to empower local economies.
About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We’re looking for a Manager, Lease Accounting to strengthen our general ledger and accounting operations functions while keeping pace within one of the fastest growing marketplace companies.
About the Role
You will report to the Senior Accounting Manager on our Accounting team. Once our offices reopen, this role can be performed 100% remotely or hybrid with some in-office depending on individual preference.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage monthly close responsibilities, relating to leasing, which include:
- Prepare and/or update monthly Journal Entries to be ASC 842 compliant
- Prepare monthly Right of Use Asset and Lease Liability reconciliations
- Prepare a roll forward of all applicable accounts to assist in reporting
- Interact with Facilities Operations, and Technical Accounting to ensure that all lease contracts and contract changes are identified and included in the company’s lease population
- Ensure the lease accounting system is updated for modifications or other changes to leases
- Provides monthly, quarterly, and annual fluctuation explanations and analysis for lease related balance sheet accounts
- Prepare lease-related cash flows (rent and other occupancy costs, security deposits, tenant improvement allowances)
- Support continual improvement on the lease contract review processes and implementation of SOX controls
- Provide support to the Technical Accounting team with Form 10-Q and 10-K lease accounting disclosure
- Assist in the preparation and review of disclosures
- Work on other ad hoc projects as needed
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 6+ years of accounting experience with a specialization in lease accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA required
- Experience with 842 system implementation preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, specifically ASC 842, PCAOB standards, SOX/internal controls
- LeaseCalc and Netsuite experience preferred
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.