At Walmart, we save people money so they can live better.
What you’ll do…
R-991319 – Senior Manager I, Site Operations Finance, eCommerce
Are you passionate about using data to create value in high-impact roles? eCommerce Finance is hiring a Senior Manager I to support the eCommerce Site Operations teams. In this role you will be an end-to-end owner of large datasets. You will rely on your data visualization, storytelling, and financial acumen skills to surface actionable insights that solve complex business problems. This role is part of the US Omni Finance team.
The ideal candidate will have a dual passion for both business intelligence and eCommerce finance; and will have the expertise to harness big data in the most powerful of ways.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You use numbers to build a story by finding new opportunities or patterns to explain the ‘what’ and ‘why’ behind performance.
- You are a “Master of Data” by having strong skills in SQL, Google Big Query, Power BI or any modern tech stack.
- You are customer obsessed: recognizing there is an art and a science behind the numbers.
- You thrive in constantly evolving, fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- You are a great communicator, able to communicate your insights and findings to senior-level leadership.
- You are someone who can execute, with strong discipline and organization skills; someone who gets things done.
- You are creative and resilient, always looking for new ways to approach problems and drive business performance.
- You have shown an ability to build relationships and influence without authority, aligning stakeholders with competing priorities.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Providing input for business decisions by producing financial models to translate non-financial metrics to financial metrics by incorporating assumptions, identifying tradeoff and known risks; preparing presentations and other supporting materials for recommendations; and participating in business case presentations to senior and executive-level management.
- Reviewing and developing the forecasting process for assigned operations, divisions, and departments by analyzing recent expenditures and commitments; incorporating input from the management team; and both presenting and clarifying forecasts and assumptions with senior management.
- Developing and executing the financial planning processes for assigned areas and accounts (Site Merchandising and Site Ops departments) by working with area leaders to develop and communicate budgets; managing and conducting budget review meetings; and presenting information to the Executive Committee.
- Partnering with finance teams to analyze existing operational processes and identify opportunities for optimization or automation.
- Sharing insights on relevant historical trends, expected future events including being responsible for financial planning, reporting, and forecasting related to campaigns such as “Deals for Days” and “Holiday”.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field. Or, alternatively, possess 4+ years of professional experiencing working directly with big datasets and corporate finance in Analytics, Planning, Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel Merchandising, or a related area. Ecommerce experience preferred.
- 2+ years of business intelligence and/or analytics experience.
- 2+ years of experience in corporate finance, FP&A, or another related financial field.
- Expert proficiency in all facets of Power BI, Google Big Query and Advanced SQL.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Tools and Systems.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and, at times, challenging environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in and across large cross-functional organizations.
Location: Position is based in San Bruno, California
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringingyour whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you’ll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 3 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or relevant area OR 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related area. 1 year’s experience leading and completing cross-functional projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data Analysis and Insights, Microsoft Office, Supervising Associates
Masters: Business Administration
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America