Financial Services Consultant
TIAA is committed to making financial well-being possible for our participants, our customers, and equally committed to the well-being of its associates, which is demonstrated by hiring both Registered Representatives and unregistered individuals to begin a career in Financial Services here.
Our Financial Services Consultants come to TIAA with and without their registrations and exemplify our corporate values. Whether newly registered or experienced Registered Representatives, our consultants are empowered to deliver excellence in customer service and help achieve financial results. They believe in putting our participants first in every interaction and through continuous improvement processes. Consultants operate as one team through interdepartmental collaboration and act with the highest degree of integrity in both participant and associate interactions.
The Financial Services Consultant works with TIAA participants to provide education and understanding regarding TIAA financial products and services and assists participants in meeting their long-term financial goals. This is a FINRA Registered job that is responsible for communicating details and providing participant options for retirement plans, after-tax investments, insurance products, payment flexibility, investment choices and overall retirement and financial issues to individual and institutional participants. While the Financial Services Consultant educates and provides services to participants, this job does not provide financial advice.
Candidates who do not currently have the Securities Industry Exam (SIE), FINRA Series 6 and/or Series 63 will be provided paid time to study for and take these exams. Study resources are provided. Once all exams are passed, and new hires are successfully registered, they will move to the Financial Services Consultant role and enter an extensive training program to help provide the skills needed to effectively engage TIAA’s participants by providing financial education through in-bound phone calls in one of our National Contact Centers located in Charlotte, Dallas, or Denver.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Offers superior customer service to inbound phone callers by responding to participant requests while assessing participant issues and offering solutions to both identified and unrecognized participant needs.
- Establishes rapport quickly with participant, setting them at ease and providing direction regarding their financial transactions and long-term planning regarding their assets.
- Outlines participant options regarding TIAA products and services and explains choices using clear and simple explanations.
- Answers participant questions by communicating TIAA financial plan details and providing further explanation when necessary.
- Executes transactions and service requests on behalf of participant.
- Maintains records of all participant interactions, including inquiries, complaints, actions taken, etc., as well as banking service transactions performed.
- Refers participant to business partners when appropriate to retain and increase client assets.
- Candidates who do not have the SIE, Series 6 and/or 63, must obtain those registrations as a condition of employment within 120 days
- Candidates who do not have the SIE, Series 6 and/or 63 will have a start date that depends on what registrations they have, providing time to obtain these ahead of training
- Training will be provided to ensure our associates are prepared to meet the expectations of the role
- NCC associates will take the Resident Insurance License Exam.
- No Experience Required
- University (Degree), Preferred
- SRC Indicator: Series 6 or 7; Series 63
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Additional Job Description –
• Start Dates will differ as per the active Licenses Candidates hold-
1) For the ones with an active S6 or S7 & S63 or S66 & Life/Health Insurance, start date will be 03/03/22 or 04/05/22.
2) For the ones with active S6 or S7 & S63 or S66, start date will be 02/23/22 or 03/28/22.
3) For the ones with active S6 or S7, start date will be 02/14/22 or 03//22.
• Banking, Call Center, Customer Service or Sales experience is desired.
• Hours of operation are Mon – Fri 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Time.
• Must be able to successfully complete employment screening, including a Credit Report background check.
Potential Salary: $22.30 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.