Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is considered the most reputable company in the world and has received the highest scores for its emotional appeal and its products and services. It also scored in the top five in vision and leadership, financial performance and workplace environment. Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services and one of those products is Amazon Web Services (AWS). Since 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To build this rapidly growing business you must possess a passion for setting high standards, analytics, accountability, speed and accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously.
The Financial Analyst in AWS Infrastructure Finance will work closely with the Data Center Capacity Planning (DCCP supply side) team, the Service Owner (demand side) teams, and the Demand Forecasting team to ensure that we have clear financial line of sight on demand and supply decisions, driving strategic decisions with data and clearly outlining risks and opportunities.
He/she will also be responsible for several key planning processes such as Occupancy Rate tracking, weekly / monthly Data Center Build Plan (for room builds and shells), Data Center Cost Analytics, and Power Utilization of our Data Center assets. This person will be main point of contact with the DCCP (DC Capacity Plan) team as well as consolidate and provide a central source of data to DC Capex finance team and other downstream teams as needed.
The successful candidate will help drive financial transparency and work with the Data Center Capacity Planning team to facilitate growth of the business by providing financial stewardship and analytical insights.
Key Strategic Objectives
The successful hire will work across AWS Finance and the broader AWS organization to drive better financial alignment of demand and Data Center supply decisions by developing and leveraging relationships across the teams, creating capabilities to price builds on an ad hoc basis with short turnarounds as part of the bi-weekly Rack Forecast meetings, support the weekly/monthly cadence of Data Center capacity planning including financial decisions.
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Solid business judgment and controllership focus
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems such (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
- MBA preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.