Investment Accountant II
The Investment Accountant II ensures that investment accounting policies and procedures are correctly applied to financial transactions. Under general supervision, this job works directly with asset management, portfolio management and acquisition/disposition teams. The Investment Accountant II also prepares month end closing reports and subsidiary quarterly financial analytics, and reports to senior management ensuring accurate asset evaluations.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares timely and accurate GAAP work papers and supporting schedules to satisfy all investment accounting requirements for internal and external audits.
- Analyzes financial information for joint ventures to ensure compliance with investment accounting policies and procedures (sales, acquisitions, debt refinancing, restructuring, and financial performance).
- Maintains records of frequent ad hoc financial inquiries to be incorporated into the monthly and quarterly reports, adding value by providing management insight into the activities of the underlying properties.
- Calculates unlevered and levered, gross and net portfolio performance returns and property internal rates of return.
- Converts modified cash basis accounting information provided by third party management firms to accrual basis to facilitate preparation of fair value GAAP basis financial statements.
- Seeks guidance from senior Investment Accountants regarding issues that require more advanced knowledge and experience.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 2+ Years Required; 3+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
This position can be located in one of our main work hubs: Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; New York, NY; or Jacksonville, FL.
- 2+ years of accounting experience in financial statement preparation
- 3+ Years of accounting experience in financial statement preparation
- CPA license
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Strong proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Previous experience using Yardi and Adobe
- Public Accounting experience
- Real Estate experience
Potential Salary: $35.58 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.