Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
AR LATAM/US Compliance Analyst
Amazon is a global organization at the forefront of the digital economy and offers a great opportunity for a dynamic and experienced indirect tax individual to manage the Amazon’s Global Accounts Receivable compliance function.
The AR Compliance Regional Lead role (LATM/ USA region) in Finance Operations will be accountable for supporting effective and efficient solution launch for the region. The Regional AR Compliance Lead will report to Global AR compliance Lead and support in Regional AR overall compliance in terms of sequencing, scope and interdependencies specific to the geo. They will drive the immediate, near, mid and long-term planning for AR compliance to regulatory regime changes. They will understand, represent and plan for the requirements coming from all their geos, the insights from product and business, the interdependencies with Tax, Regulatory and technology advancements. They will work across Orgs and support PMO in the Portfolio QBR and MBR. They will ensure AR compliance program charters to ensure that projects are structured correctly at the regional level and assess and mitigate interdependency risk and opportunity.
AR Compliance Regional Lead will work with cross-functional groups to improve design of our technology solutions and organize AR processes to speed the adaptation to rapid regulatory changes, reduce manual work, and mitigate controllership and compliance risks. Enable shift toward a proactive approach and have audit readiness for compliance, agility through automation and elevating the vendor / customer experience. Support AR compliance in driving AR related tax regime changes as a holistic program supported by project teams in each country.
The Regional Lead will enable the AR compliance by working closely with Country teams – Tax, Legal & external advisors, BP, PMO, Services and Technology organizations globally and locally, to gain early visibility to regulatory legislation, translate the legislation into FinOps specific requirements, and determine the customizations required from the country specific solution to cater to local requirements and execute against the global roadmap. The Regional Lead will work in partnership with PMO with downstream (FinAuto, FinTech, SPFT, GIS, etc.), and indirectly through BP verticals with upstream (AWS Commerce Platform, Iron Mountain, Hamlet, TFS, etc) tech teams, to ensure they are aligned on the roadmap and are building solutions both at an individual country and enterprise-wide level. At the local level, teams will dive deep into the local nuances to ensure local compliance and maintenance of the Vendor /Customer/ Regulatory Experience.
– Oversee the end-to-end AR Compliance processes in relation to indirect taxes, billing, collections and cash application related regulatory regional compliance.
-Develop, document and ensure adequate processes for handling Compliance risks and audit.
– Work with tax and regional compliance and tech teams to ensure adequate information is being recorded in the AR systems as may be required for the purpose of AR compliance audit
– Establish a robust framework for E-Invoice solution that can be replicated for new geographies with country-specific customizations entailing additional development work.
– Own the process and work related to indirect tax related audit matters for country level specifications and overall region. Assist with evaluating the tax effect and implications of international business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals, from a tax compliance and audit perspective
– Work with internal stakeholders to gather required information for effective management of audit and compliance process
– work with internal and external business partners, identify and implement process improvement opportunities and drive positive change across the AR organization.
Bachelor’s degree in Law, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
10+ years of progressive tax experience with exposure to Regulatory framework, Global taxes (including VAT and service tax), international transactional taxes in a Big 4 public accounting firm, major law firm, and/or a multinational corporation
Experience on indirect tax related advisory and compliance
Experience in interfacing with tax authorities
Experience on Accounts Receivables processes, specially Billing, etc.
• Experience managing other employees and ability to lead the tax / regulatory compliance function including indirect taxes
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interface with senior management
• Experience and knowledge in accounting concepts and tax regulations, laws and standards
• Ability to work independently with limited general supervision, effectively prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced environment