BlackRock is a global investment firm, trusted to manage more assets than any other.
About this role
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization plays an important role as trusted business partners to businesses across the firm, supporting all analysis, reporting, and business planning needs. We produce budgets and forecasts, provide analytical insights to business partners to support decision making, inform resource allocation, and deliver economic insight into the relationships between revenues and costs to improve the financial success of the business going forward.
We are seeking an Associate to join the FP&A team in New York. This position will partner closely with one or more businesses within BlackRock. Candidates should have proven quantitative and analytical skills, be able to multi-task and effectively manage priorities, clearly communicate results in writing and orally, and be a strong problem solver.
- Prepare periodic financial reports (i.e., weekly, monthly, quarterly) for senior management. Proactively look for opportunities to optimize the current reporting structure and develop innovative ways to assess business performance
- Drive and coordinate the budget, forecast and other key financial processes
- Provide financial insights to business partners
- Participate in and/or lead team-wide projects, including financial modeling, ad hoc analysis, and delivery of automated solutions for reporting
- Build cohesive narratives in communicating results to senior management and present data in a simple and clear manner
- Collaborate with cross-functional businesses (Controllers, HR, Investor Relations, Strategy) and other Finance teams
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or other quantitative fields
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience in an analytical and/or planning role
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications; sophisticated skills in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs); experience with IBM Cognos TM1 preferred but not required
- Outstanding problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in written presentations and orally to senior leadership
- Proven track record of navigating a large organization
- A problem-solver who is comfortable contacting different parts of the organization
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a constantly evolving environment to meet deadlines
- History of effective multi-tasking, expectations setting, escalation of issues where appropriate
- Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in their work product
- Organized with strong follow-through and execution
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.