Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
This role is also available as a part-time.
At Amazon we strive to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. We are looking for a highly analytical and forward-thinking Senior Financial Business Controller to support the German Marketplace. While working in a small team reporting to the Head of Finance Marketplace DE, your scope is broad and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to partner closely with finance and business stakeholders in Luxembourg and in the main European markets. You provide financial analyses and controllership on growth drivers and profitability helping the business with actionable insights. You nurture a fact driven decision making process and ensure benchmarking and continuous improvement of finance processes and business inputs.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Support the Finance manager and partner with DE leadership on projects and business ideas that allow the business to continue to grow quickly and deliver world class selling partner and customer experience;
- Develop tools that help us better understand business performance;
- Run ad hoc analyses, review business cases, analyze performance versus goals and actively participate in projects to ensure we are taking the right decisions in our business;
- Take on ad hoc projects and roles beyond Germany in support of our EU Marketplace business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Math or related fields;
- Several years of relevant experience;
- Strong technical finance skills together with strong Excel and some SQL skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent English communication skills (German not required);
- Comfortable in a fast paced and ambiguous business environment;
- Experience in building and managing financial models for business forecasting and variance analysis;
- Experience in setting up business cases and driving financial conclusions;
- Ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes.
- Experience in e-commerce, FMCG, consulting, investment banking, or a global company;
- Expert/Pro Excel and SQL skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.