At Cummins, we believe people should feel continuously challenged and engaged, making meaningful contributions and growing in their careers.
General Accounting Manager
We are looking for a talented Accounting Manager to join our team supporting our Business Services segment in Nashville, TN.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Manages a team engaged in collecting, recording, analyzing, and reporting accounting transactions.
- Plans, reviews, and/or prepares internal and external reports, schedules, and statements.
- Oversees the account reconciliation process.
- Reviews and monitors financial controls.
- Participates in, and responds to internal audits.
- Provides and interprets data from accounting records as required by management.
- Coordinates accounting services and integrates with operating needs.
- Oversees the management of functions such as property records, general ledger, and general accounting services.
- Coaches and mentors general accounting staff; assigns work according to availability, skills, and developmental needs; assesses performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Responsible to lead related month end close processes across business units and functions
- Drive process improvement and automation
- Strong business partnering skills to drive resolution of accounting issues across BUs and functions
- Team of 2 direct and 12 indirect reports
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant: one of which is required
- 10 years of managerial experience
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Primary Location United States-Tennessee-Nashville-US, TN, Nashville, Cummins Business Services
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt – Experienced
Job Posting May 24, 2022, 4:00:56 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Cummins Business Services
Req ID: 220003RE