We are on a quest to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. Learn how DaVita—which is Italian for “giving life”—is working.
32275 32nd Ave S, Federal Way, Washington, 98001, United States of America
The purpose of this position is to primarily provide Joint Venture (JV) entity accounting support to ensure accurate communication of financial information to our Field Customers and JV partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
Partnership accounting and financial reporting responsibilities including:
- Center accounting review responsibilities for revenue, AR, liabilities, equity, development projects, fixed assets, inventory, medical director fees, leases and subleases.
- General ledger functions such as account analysis account reconciliation, trend analysis, and financial statement research.
- Create and review financial statements including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flows, equity statements, etc.
- Prepare communications such as memos, presentation charts, and process documentation and coordinate with other departments, business offices and field operations.
- Participate in meetings with Team, Management, Field management and JV partners as necessary.
- Prepare cash forecasts based on historical financial data and knowledge gained from working with and supporting field finance and operations management.
- Utilize general business knowledge to assist operational teammates with non-routine accounting issues and concerns.
- Make recommendations to accounting and operational management, as well as be responsible for day-to-day decisions concerning the accounting treatment of financial transactions.
- Develop and implement new accounting processes.
- Work as liaison between General Accounting, Tax, Revenue Evaluation, Payroll, ROPS departments and field operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Emphasis in Accounting preferred)
- 2 years accounting experience required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounting functions
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite and ability to learn new internal systems and tools.
- Intermediate computer skills.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities concurrently, and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required
- Drive – must demonstrate career progression
- Judgement. Demonstrate business judgement.
- Ability to manage high volume and complex issues
- Run and lead Partner calls (On-boarding and Quarterly Financial Review discussions)
- Able to identify areas of risk and articulate to leadership in a timely manner.
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita’s online training platform StarLearning.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.” Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits