Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is seeking a Finance Analyst to partner AMXL Linehaul our rapidly expanding middle mile package operation, purpose-built to achieve and exceed the delivery quality and speed demands of Amazon customers.IN AMXL is a fast growing network and this is a great opportunity for a Finance Analyst to learn about Operations and contribute in a big way.
The successful candidate will be analytical and have the demonstrated ability to effectively manage finances of a high-growth business , engage with multiple stakeholders to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance and identify/cross leverage best practices across the network
Key job responsibilities
• Responsible for all weekly and monthly financial close activities, support the AMXL Finance leader in all planning, forecasting, and reporting models while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to both your operations & other business partners
• Develop and maintain key reporting metrics
• Work with both corporate and local accounting teams to ensure consistent global recording and reporting of financials
• Partner with teams to drive cost out and optimal cross functional decisions that maximize Amazon’s long-term free cash flow.
A day in the life
The successful candidate will help build the right blocks for this fast growing business to ensure scalable growth, provide insights to be the business to enable timely decision making with laser sharp focus on cost optimization.
About the team
Operations is at the heart of what we do at Amazon, delivering hundreds of thousands of items each day. Operations finance is the financial engine and trusted business partner for our operations leaders. We use data to solve hard problems and advise our customers on business decisions and opportunities. Everything we do is through the lens of controllership and to increase goodness for customers we are home to continuous improvement champions, automation advocates, and all who love to work at scale. If you obsess over customers, people, and productivity, come join us!
• Preferably 0-2 years of related experience in a corporate environment
• CA/MBA from premier business schools.
• Business partnering experience
• Strong financial acumen including familiarity with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
• Excellent grasp of corporate finance and cost accounting fundamentals
• Results-oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on approach
• Business ownership and developing strong partnership with operations team
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing operating conditions
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, maintain a strong attention to detail and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
• Adept with MS Excel/MS Access/SQL