Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
About Amazon Prime Video
“It would be impossible to produce results in an environment as dynamic as the internet without extraordinary people.” Jeff Bezos
Over the past decade Amazon has developed a number of market-leading, innovative, and fast-growing digital and mobile businesses, including: Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Prime Music, Echo, Kindle and Audible. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon, directly supporting a high performing content team. The Amazon Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Amazon Prime Video seeks a Finance Analyst to be a key business partner with Amazon’s Digital Video Content Acquisition team.
Brief description of the role: Prime Video seeks an experienced finance professional to partner closely with Prime Video Content Acquisition teams as well as other finance and business groups to help the company manage its financial and operational plans for the video businesses. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded candidate who wants to work in a start-up like environment and is passionate about digital media and new customer experiences.
This role will be a good fit if you are highly analytical, thrive in a fast paced environment, and are able to work with large sets of data. He/She must be comfortable performing detailed, complex analysis and communicating the findings to stakeholders in a clear, efficient manner that highlights the most relevant points to inform business’ strategy. This position requires a successful candidate tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables. The right individual will have right mix of commercial and finance skills to work with internal and external stakeholders, solid leadership skills and firm business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results. The candidate will need to able to collaborate with business partners both in India and globally. They must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. Strong verbal and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
This role will be based in Mumbai, India
Key job responsibilities
- Maintaining effective controllership on Content budgets
- Drawing up short-term and long-term financial plans including variance analysis and reporting
- Establishing and maintaining operating / business metrics
- Collaborating with Analytics to improve programming, sourcing decisions
- Producing succinct financial narratives for management review documents
- Conducting ad-hoc financial analyses and interpreting P&L data to support key business decisions
- Developing scalable and efficient financial processes that support the business
- MBA (Finance/Strategy) from a Top school/CA with strong academic credentials
- 5-6 years of relevant experience
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Working knowledge of Advanced Excel and SQL
- Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos/Oracle)
- Work experience in FMCG, Media or Telecom will be an added advantage
- Performed a business partnering role for a rapidly scaling up organization
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business support involving forecasting, variance analysis
- Ability to lead projects independently
- Excellent written and oral communication