PayPal is the faster, safer way to send money, make an online payment, receive money, or set up a merchant account—both on and offline.
Who we are
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The Strategic Finance team works on providing strategic and financial insight to cutting edge financial innovation happening at PayPal. The team leads financial planning and pricing strategy on critical new product launches for the company. We support senior executives in finance, product, sales, business development, strategy, and core payments to understand long-term and short-term impact of strategic initiatives. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. Key to success in this role is to be an individual contributor with the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time working with a high caliber team.
This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in Fintech to learn about the changing landscape of financial services & payments technology – mobile, in-store, credit, consumer financial services, financial inclusion, cross-border, blockchain & crypto, etc.
- Carry out market scan and deep-dive analyses to identify potential opportunities (e.g., white space review, vertical analysis, competitive landscape, etc.)
- Size opportunity along with customer segments & use case mapping for partnerships and product strategies.
- Own the end-to-end construction of the financial model for these strategies, keeping in mind the prioritization & sequencing of launch.
- Develop pricing proposals for new product launches and expansions, incorporating competitive landscape, product strategy and financial impact.
- Leverage subject-matter-experts across the organization to build and refine business cases.
- Identify high-level investments required including product development, marketing & other costs to evaluate P&L impact
- Support the preparation of materials for leadership discussions to evaluate initiatives.
- Contribute to other aspects of Strategic Finance, as directed by team leadership.
- 4 – 6 years of relevant finance, corporate development / strategy, banking / consulting, or pricing strategy experience.
- An understanding of payments product & technology is preferred and will go a long way in the success of this role.
- Superior analytical capabilities with deep understanding of how a business operates.
- Strong experience building and maintaining complex financial models.
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in ways others can easily understand (both verbally and via email/PowerPoint)
- Versatile. Ability to navigate a complex & matrixed corporate environment while juggling multiple responsibilities. A positive, can-do attitude & collaborative mindset is essential.
- Highly dependable, with ability to drive things to conclusion across teams.
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual curiosity.
- Exhibit the highest standards of integrity and be pleasant & fun to work with.
- MBA, Master’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science preferred
Chicago – Merchandise Mart Plaza, Illinois, United States of America
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.